Saturday, July 21, 2012

DIY Chalkboard Frames

Once upon a time I had a fruitful trip to Goodwill.  Here is a refresher:


See those God-awful, ugly green frames on top?  These ones?



Well, I got two of them for a dollar each!  I spray painted the frames gray and sprayed the glass with chalkboard paint.


Then added some simple flowers made from hot glue and crepe paper:


Due to these little flowers I'm pretty sure I will no longer have a fingerprint on my right ring finger.  The glue gun exploded all over it.  Normally I would have rushed straight away to the sink but we were in the garage and Landon was in his swing.  In hindsight I probably should have just ran inside and soaked my finger, hitting the garage door on the way in but in my panic I wrestled a not so happy toddler out of his swing and into the house and those few precious moments caused my finger to blister, badly.  So that's my glue gun war story.  At least the final product turned out well:



Pin It

Linking to:  DIY Show Off, Not Just a Housewife,  A Diamond in the Stuff, Kammy's Korner, The 36th Avenue, The Tidy Mom, Whipperberry, I Heart Naptime, Tatertots & Jello, The Shabby Nest,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Snips and Spice

6 comments:

Malory {Snips & Spice} said...

These came out super cute! I would love for you to share it at Snips & Spice Sunday Slice.

Malory
http://snips-and-spice.blogspot.com/2012/07/sunday-slice-its-party-5.html

Unknown said...

I love your frame redo! Here from Nifty Thrifty and now following :)

Hugs, Tanya
http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/

Naptime Review said...

That is so cute and simple. Thanks for sharing!

New follower from Snips and Spice. Love for you to stop by and return the follow. Super cute blog!

Hosting Mom's Monday Mingle. Love for you to link up. Last week we had over 250 blogs.
www.thenaptimereview.com

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Just perfect. Love the flowers you added. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Sundae Scoop. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-8.html Hope to see you at the bash. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Kelly said...

Very cute! Love the frame redo! I think I may have to do something like this! Thans for sharing:)

Have a great day!

Kelly

Malory {Snips & Spice} said...

Thanks for linking! I liked it so much that I featured you this week! Check it out here: http://snips-and-spice.blogspot.com/2012/08/saturday-is-special-day-party-features-5.html

I hope you will link up more great projects tomorrow.

Malory