Thursday, March 29, 2012

Shots, Cupcakes and Swings

Poor baby had his shots today.  Although I believe they are necessary, I LOATHE shots.  I just hate to see Landon so miserable and he is usually sad and clingy for hours afterwards.  Not this time though.  This time we BOTH did so well!!  I didn't cry at all, and Landon cheered right up (Ben always does well, he is tough for all three of us).

Most of the cheering up was in response to a chocolate cupcake The Wombat received shortly thereafter.  It was an impromptu idea, thus the white shirt! 


There's Ben in the background.  Like father, like son.



He was content as could be, wandering around with chocolate frosting and cupcake in both hands.  He took a little nap in the car on the way home and then I plopped him in the stroller and we walked to the park to cheer him up some more.  It worked.


What a difference it makes when kids are old enough to spoil afterwards!  Cupcakes and swings apparently erase all trauma after shots.  And seeing my little boy so SO happy after those dreaded doctor visits eased my trauma too.  I think we have a new tradition.  Although Ben said he is limiting himself to one cupcake next time :)

No comments: