Monday, March 19, 2012

DIY Garland

I just love garland.  It gives any event a little extra flare.  A while ago I pinned a homemade Pom Pom Garland that was just to die for and I knew I had to try it.

Now that I have a curious little toddler who likes to climb things and eat bugs, I love finding easy to put down and pick back up again projects.  This craft was definitely a winner and will be making more appearances in parties to come...


I wasn't too worried about the quality of the yarn, so I just picked out some cheapo stuff at Walmart.  Start by wrapping your yarn around a wooden serving fork (any will do).  Take a small separate piece of yarn and tie tight knot around your creation.  Then simply slip the whole thing off the fork and cut the loops to make your pom pom!


For the next step, use a needle and yarn to string your poms together.  I tacked mine to the wall and then made some simple flowers out of napkins.




I'm so happy with the way the garland turned out....just wish I had taken some better pictures!!

Pin It

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Perfect! Thanks for this! I found you on Pinterest.

Chandra
More Modern Modesty