Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Day Cookies

It was suggested in a comment on my Peanut Butter Blossom cookie post that I use a chocolate heart in the center instead of a Kiss for Valentine's Day.  OMG, how did I miss this on Pinterest?  I immediately started looking for another cookie recipe to try out this idea.  In the end, I made a couple adjustments to another recipe out of my Hershey's dessert book.  I've yet to make anything out of there that I haven't devoured while they were still cooling loved.


In my quest to find heart shaped chocolates I went with the Reese's Hearts because ONE: They were cheaper and TWO: In my house, no recipe fails if it involves peanut butter.

Okay! Onto the actual recipe:

1 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Chopped Almonds
Reese's Hearts (or chocolate of your choice)

Heat oven to 375 F.  Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy.  Add flour and walnuts and beat until well blended.  Roll into one inch cookie dough balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Immediately remove cookies from cookie sheet and garnish with your chocolate.




Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments: