Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME

My birthday was yesterday but festivities started two days ago when my little sisters showed up on my doorstep, unannounced.  Landon and I had just gotten home from the park and were in the middle of lunch when the doorbell rang.  When I looked through the peephole all I could see was a present being held up against my door.  My jaw hit the floor when it turned out to be my sisters, who live three hours away.  And they brought me things like Swedish Fish, tights, whole bean coffee, bubble bath, earrings, and CAKE. German Chocolate cake surrounded by cake pops.  Ummmmm, yeah I think they have me figured out :)

{Landon did NOT want his picture taken!!}

Then my parents showed up (this one was planned) because they were here to watch my child OVERNIGHT while me and the hubs had our first ever night away from The Wombat.  We stayed at a cute little Bed and Breakfast.  The room we stayed in was called Refresh. 

There were Shari's Berries waiting for us when we arrived.  We got dressed up and went out to dinner.  We took our time eating.  We watched a movie from start to finish with the volume set on something we didn't need to strain our ears to hear for fear of waking the babe.  I slept for TEN straight hours.  I woke up and got to stay IN bed instead of jumping out to the sound of "mamamamamama" (or crying) coming from Landon's room.   We had breakfast in bed.  I took two bubble baths in that delightful jetted tub - going to need one of those in our next house.

It was exactly the sort of break I needed after being a SAHM for almost a year now.  I feel very refreshed,  and ready to see what adventures this year of my life has in store for me.   I'm guessing it will include many, MANY trips to the zoo via our new season passes courtesy of my parents :)

3 comments:

Janel said...

That sounds like a DELIGHTFUL birthday! Full of everything you could ever ask for as a Momma! Happy Birthday!

Girls Club... plus two boys said...

uninterrupted sleep?... please remind me what that feels like. I am almost too jealous to comment ;)
hehehe... so happy for you.

Kylee Noelle {the blog} said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic bday! Glad you and your hubby got some time to recharge!