Saturday, November 17, 2012

Rare Krylon Colors

I love spraypaint.  It goes on quick, it dries fast and it gets all those tough spots that would be a nightmare with a brush.

When it comes to quality there's several brands I use: Valspar, Rustoleum and Krylon.  When it comes to unique color Krylon is the way to go.  The only problem is, I can never find some of the colors that I know exist.

In particular, I've been searching high and low for a lovely little color called Coral Isle.  Be still my beating  heart:

I scoured hardware stores, paint stores, craft stores, even Walmart. No dice.  So I looked online at overpriced cans with atrocious shipping fees....even Amazon came to 15 bucks a can! No, thank you! 

Then I stumbled across a tip over at Vintage Revivals and turns out Krylon is owned by Sherwin Williams.  So all I had to do was go and special order it through the store. 

They came to 4.95 each plus no shipping fees as long as I picked them up in the store. 



There was a minimum order, but I'm pretty sure I'll use up all six eventually....especially since I'm already down to five after one day.

Here is a sneak peek:



No comments: