Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pinterest Recipes

I have been a slacker when it comes to crafts lately.  However, it seems that whenever I ignore my projects I make up for it by diverting my attention to the kitchen.  These past few weeks I've been crossing off quite a few of Pinterest recipes.  There have been some so-sos, some goods and some GREATS.  So here are the greats:

I have never made tortillas from scratch before and I had no idea what I was missing.  Oh. My. Lord.  Why did I wait so long?!?! I could have been content eating these plain!  But I combined it with super easy crock pot chicken plus toppings.  I foresee many more homemade tortillas in our future dinners.

For our anniversary (which was April 4th but we are officially celebrating it this upcoming weekend) I made a three layer Reeses Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake.   I still don't know how I managed to bake this while Ben was at work.  The original plan was to wear Landon out at the library's story time, then bake during nap time.  But then story time got cancelled and Landon slept long enough in the car to refuse a nap when we got home.  One bag of spilled almonds (keep forgetting The Wombat can reach my kitchen table now), one knocked over lamp complete with broken light bulb and one huge kitchen mess later, we had ourselves an anniversary surprise cake.  And also a toddler demanding attention after being completely ignored so much independent play time.


I've been whipping up these Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies for breakfast a couple times a week.  I like the oatmeal texture so I actually don't blend the oats until they are powdery as the recipe suggests.  Huge plus:  Landon loves these too!  It motivates me to make them more often :)


Can't wait to try more!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your description of the cake prep time. And the cake looks delicious too!!!