Monday, December 10, 2012

DIY Snow Globes

Oh how I love snow globes!! And mason jars!! And combining the two is pretty much the best idea ever.  These little guys are sold for astronomical prices at Anthropologie:


FORTY DOLLARS EACH?! ARE YOU INSANE?!?!

I came across some DIY replicas over at Whipperberry and decided to give them a whirl.  They took all of five minutes to put together.

Supplies:
Trees
Jars
Glue dots or glue gun
Buffalo Snow




I found the trees and most of the jars at garage sales.  The buffalo snow and the tall mason jar I picked up at Michael's.  I needed one more teeny tiny jar so my friend Lindsey found one for me :)

I had some glue dots on hand to secure the trees to the lids. These rock, especially if you don't want to bust out the glue gun. 

 
I like a lot of snow so I filled 'em on up.
 
 

I needed some of the trees to be taller so I glued them on various caps, this one is from a cooking spray:



My out of pocket price was about six dollars total and I'm pretty darn pleased with the way they turned out!!


Pin It
Happy Holidays!

No comments: